Monday, July 20, 2009

Veggies to scale

Anwyn and Leora agreed to let me take some pictures of them in the garden for a sense of scale. I can't believe how large things are this year. I am sure some of it is the green house / south side bed, but I think square foot gardening may be a big part. Things need to go up because they can't go out. Sometimes I wish we hadn't tried all these knew things in one year because I can't tell what is responsible for what.

Ian was over last night and he says their veggies are big, too. James also got greenhouse plants from us, but his are in the shade so that impacts size. He has lots doing well though. If James or Anna lets me I'll post pics of their garden projects also.

Mike went out yesterday with James and Kent and got even more rocks. We'll start storing again until we are ready for more grass removal. We also put up a piece of an old bunk bed so my clematis can cover the path in a tunnel fashion rather than hanging into it. So far it looks too white to me, but Mike assures me I'll like it in time.

2 comments:

  1. We should have "started" the girls in a greenhouse. Then they could be playing Olympic basketball.

    ReplyDelete